Victoria Falls Safari Lodge 4*
Voted “Best Safari Lodge” in Zimbabwe for 17 consecutive years and listed on Conde Nast Travellers Gold List, the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge is a place of legend.
Victoria Falls Safari Lodge provides luxury accommodation in Victoria Falls. Set high on a natural plateau, the westward facing Victoria Falls Safari Lodge borders the Zambezi National Park & is just four kilometres from the thundering Victoria Falls, Southern Africa’s foremost attraction.
Enjoying uninterrupted views of spectacular African sunsets and year round game at its on-site waterhole, accommodation at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge is ideally positioned to offer the most discerning traveller a taste of Africa at its best. Victoria Falls Safari Lodge offers outstanding Victoria Falls accommodation, Wedding and Group conferencing facilities, together with an authentic wildlife experience and warm hospitality.
All 72 bedrooms boast the highest level of sophistication and comfort. Decorated in lavishly coloured ethnic fabrics and fittings, each has its own private balcony overlooking the unfenced Zambezi National Park while most look onto the central waterhole. In the Buffalo Bar, Makuwa-Kuwa Restaurant and pool deck, friendly Zimbabwean staff offer excellent service and outstanding cuisine.
All our rooms have digital safes, IDD phones, remote control air conditioning, hairdryers, fans, mosquito nets, extensive range of customized toiletries including insect repellent, message pads, complimentary tea and coffee making facilities, and extra length beds. 5 of our Deluxe double rooms can accommodate a rollaway bed for a child under 12 years
- Balcony with view overlooking the National Park and facing the sunset
- Bathroom with luxury bath and separate shower
- Private balcony with prime views of our waterhole
- Duplex style with entrance into sunken lounge leading onto private balcony with views overlooking the waterhole as well as the Zambezi National Park and facing the African sunset
- Guest toilet/cloakroom off the lounge
- Open staircase leading up to the bedroom and en-suite bathroom
- Fully stocked mini bar
- Raised bathroom with large luxury bath and separate shower cubicle with massaging jets, bathrobes and guest amenities
- Remote controlled air conditioning, and ceiling fans in bedroom and lounge
- Telephone in lounge, bedroom and bathroom
- Variety of coffee table books
Restaurants and bars
Makuwa-Kuwa – The award-winning MaKuwa-Kuwa is split-level a la carte restaurant located within the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge’s central hub with spectacular views over the well-frequented feature waterhole by buffalo, elephant, warthogs and various antelope plus a myriad of birds.. Two flights down from the restaurant, the open-plan Buffalo Bar complements the MaKuwa-kuwa offering a memorable venue for all-day refreshments and tasty snacks, sundowners, and pre- and post-dinner drinks. It has its own game-viewing platform overlooking the waterhole where a variety of wildlife, including elephant and buffalo, form a thrilling parade all year round.
Boma Restaurant – The Boma Restaurant in Victoria Falls provides a unique cultural experience that bombards the senses with the tastes, sights, sounds and smells of Africa – together with the warmth and hospitality of Zimbabwe and its people. It is open for dinner 365 days of the year. Adjacent to the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge complex. The Boma nestles in a “gusu” forest and is partly open to the spectacular African night skies. Guests staying at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge enjoy a courtesy shuttle to/from The Boma whilst those from other hotels may be transported for a nominal charge.
Buffalo Bar – An open plan bar with its own game-viewing platform overlooking the waterhole.
- 4 hour Reception services
- Internet Café with e-mail access, digital photo downloading, CD printing and photo printing facilities
- Wireless Internet access from all rooms and public areas
- TV lounge with satellite link
- Private shower facilities for early-arrival and late check-out guests
- Ample free car parking space
- Facilities for guests with disabilities
- Babysitting service (advance notice required)
- Guest library, Games Room and curio shop
- 24 hour security
- Telescope viewing facilities over the onsite waterhole and surrounds from the activities desk
Travel Documents, Visas & Health Requirements
It is the responsibility of each passenger to ensure that they are in possession of the correct travel documentation prior to departure.
Gateway Travel & Tours cannot accept responsibility for any consequences, of any nature whatsoever, arising from the passengers failing to ensure that they have complied with the necessary health, passport and visa requirements.
A valid passport is required for all international and cross-border travel. Passports must be valid for a minimum of 6 months after your intended date of return and must have at least 2 blank pages for visa stamping purposes. In certain cases, foreign passport holders require re-entry or departure permits and it is advised to contact the relevant consulate before travel for up-to-date visa and health requirements.
We recommend that all travellers have comprehensive travel insurance from time of booking, and insurance packages are available for purchase though our offices.
Prices are from a starting price, per person sharing and subject to change, airfare increase, currency fluctuations and availability. Taxes are estimated and based on the current exchange rate and are subject to change. Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply. Please note that airport taxes, fuel levies and surcharges are approximate and subject to change, the exact amount will be confirmed at time of booking. Valid for dates as specified. Group rates available on request.